- A Sex Difference
- When men in Congress come to blows
- at something someone said,
- I always notice that it shows
- their blood is quick and red;
- But if two women disagree,
- with very little noise,
- It proves, and this seems strange to me,
- that women have no poise.
-- Alice Duer Miller, 1915
- The Warning
- No, it isn't home neglecting
- If you spend your time selecting
- Seven blouses and a jacket and a hat;
- Or to give your day to paying
- Needless visits, or to playing
- Auction bridge. What critic could object to that?
- But to spend two precious hours
- At a lecture! Oh, my powers,
- The home is all a woman needs to learn.
- And an hour, or a quarter,
- Spent in voting! Why, my daughter,
- You could not find your home on your return.
- Male Philosophy
- Men are very brave, you know,
- That was settled long ago;
- Ask, however, if you doubt it,
- Any man you meet about it;
- He will say, I think, like me,
- Men are brave as they can be.
- Women think they're brave, you say?
- Do they really? Well, they may,
- But such biased attestation
- Is not worth consideration,
- For a legal judgment shelves
- What they say about themselves.
I am a 20+ lady from a Nordic country. I'm a geek, a fujo, and a feminist.
Things I geek about
- Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons
- language (especially etymology)
- animal colour genetics
- fanfiction and fanart
- plants and fungi, taxonomy thereof
- online amateur erotica
- Skyrim and Final Fantasy XII plus a number of smaller games
- Linley's Dungeon Crawl (yes I have), Dwarf Fortress
- Favourite webcomics
SBMC, xkcd, Oglaf, Teahouse.
Links I often need
- http://www.viruscomix.com/page330.html double standard
New pages by me
- Attention whore • Farcifying • Geek women don't exist • Make your own • Not for women
- You should have known • Substitute for womanly things • Beauty duty • Creepiness • Assumed invitation
- List of rhetorics • Educate me • Sex-positivity • List of feminist blogs • What about the men
- Double bind • Not me • Professional victim • Women can't be sexist
- note to self: Meta:Brainstorm, Calling it "rape", He didn't mean to, His judgement was impaired, You just want attention, All allies are white knights, Not here to solve sexism (implying that discussion on feminism is useless and that dwelling on its topics makes people not committed to the main cause), Including women is creepy, No more sexist than, I didn't make it, Don't showcase, Shut up or, But we're friends, You're being immature, You're the only one
- "Hey, I'm just asking you a question. You don't have to be so rude." -> doesn't get the hints; women are obligated to communicate in ways men understand (rather than both ways around, or the opposite);
- Sexism in games
- Women in media
|Not for women||You're just jealous b/c you don't look like that||"You want comics to be full of fat ugly chicks?"||You don't have to read it||Free speech|
|High heels are reasonable||She doesn't need a bra||It's her culture||Girls wear skirts||It suits her personality|
|No one wants realism in comics||Appeal to real life
"Rape happens in IRL too"
"Men are drawn unrealistically too!"
|Biology is to blame||"Women just don't get comics" -> Women don't/can't understand + it's inherently a part of comics|
|Make your own||Bigger issues exist||Fanboy entitlement... "from women!"||Women's own fault (for not being good enough to be comic artists, game devs, etc)||Women aren't interested|
|Sexism is a genre convention||What, me misogynist?!||I asked a woman and she said it wasn't sexist||False equivalence II (Women in refrigerators)||You fight a lost war (it'll never change)|
- Rape apologia
|"False rape accusations happen too!"||Her fault for drinking||How can you know? Were you there?||"It was a joke"||"These boys have a bright future"|
|"So if I was drunk, she raped me?"||Her fault for being sexually active||"Not blaming the victim", Just saying that...||DNA doesn't prove guilt||Boys will be boys|
|She actually wanted it||Women are too sexy (today)||--||Melissa MarcEwan is anti-Catholic
|DNA will prove innocence|
|Women are too hard to understand||You need to get laid||"False rape accusation plus crooked attorney once happened"||You're over-reacting (Why should you be angry?)||He-said-she-said|
|Her fault for dressing that way||Feminists hate sex||Why did she $ACT if she didn't want sex?||"False rape accusation once happened"||"We'll need a notarized form for touching..."|
- Concern troll
- Lighten Up Already
- Political groups
- Sexist joke apologia
|sorry, but I found it funny||oversensitive much?||take it as a compliment||wasn’t even sexual||he’s not used to women|
|so cute when you’re angry||actually at men’s expense||heard a woman tell it once||edgy satire of our PC society||you heard it out of context|
|your complaint is what’s sexist||you seem very uptight about sex||FREE SQUARE||wasn't meant that way||thought police|
|my wife thought it was hilarious||works when I'm with friends||just his way||I'm offended by your complaint||you’d tell it about a man|
|attracted attention to his message||you enjoy being offended||absolutely no sense of humour||I found it funny and I'm a woman||acceptable on TV|
- Master class in sexual entitlement
- Empty bingo checklist
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.