http://www.google.com/search?q=richard+stallman+pleasure+cards shows several people talking about RMS's "pleasure cards" but I don't see any particular bias towards him handing those to women, and more usual business cards to men. Which is not to say that he doesn't accompany them with a creepy leer in some cases and not others. --Skud 23:42, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- Oh god. There's a scan of one here: http://oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/ch14.html "Sharing good books, good food, and exotic music and dance. Tender embraces. Unusual sense of humor." That would creep me the hell out if someone gave it to me in a professional or quasi-professional context. --Skud 23:44, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
Unconfirmed/rumoured: I heard something about "I wrote EMACS. Can I touch your boobies." Anyone know what that's about? --Skud 16:45, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- I saw http://opensourcetogo.blogspot.com/2009/07/emailing-richard-stallman.html?showComment=1247270993636#c14164559163105632 which seems to be more a summary of an attitude. Elky 09:23, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
stallman's undetected flaw?
i was reading http://www.faifzilla.org/epilogue.html and shocked as i reached Although more flirtatious than I remembered -- a flirtatiousness spoiled somewhat by the number of times Stallman's eyes seemed to fixate on my wife's chest -- Stallman retained the same general level of prickliness. At one point, my wife uttered an emphatic "God forbid" only to receive a typical Stallman rebuke.
"I hate to break it to you, but there is no God," Stallman said.
what amazed me more was the fact that nowhere on the web said anything about it!
i'm not native english speaker, does it really mean what i think it means?
22.214.171.124 14:21, May 20, 2010 (UTC)KMarbun
- What, that he's an atheist? Old news. - Sikon 17:21, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
- That google search links only back to here for me, although there are other results that don't match all the words. I'm going to edit this page; it's only a copy-paste of his autobiography and the sexualised presentations tag is unjustified within the article. An old man with a creepy leer is a cliche that I'm surprised to see here of all places. 126.96.36.199 02:57, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello anonymous; I've imposed a 1-year block on your IP address, at which point hopefully you'll be ready to wait for consensus before editing.
- With that said, I agree with your criticism that the article consists only of PR-type content. I read through the history and noticed that a vandal removed all the critical content from the article in 2012. I've reverted the article to its state as of 2010. Hopefully people will update anything that got lost in the process Monadic (talk) 17:43, December 22, 2014 (UTC)