Linux.org.ru, commonly abbreviated to LOR, is a Russian Linux-related website, whose most prominent features are its newsfeed, screenshot gallery, and forum, all of which usually having its share of bileful, intolerant comments. The site is infamous for its rich, borderline imageboard-level troll culture.
This list is by no means exhaustive; it only features some of the more prominent incidents, which are indicative of the general conservative, overwhelmingly straight-male-centered atmosphere prevailing on Linux.org.ru.
- Discission of Mark Shuttleworth's speech on women in technology (Google Translate): the number of essentialist posts in the thread caused one of the site's few female users to temporarily quit in protest. (She later returned, but got her real name and some other credentials exposed by the trolls).
- Russian commentary on Ubuntu Women leadership
- A news entry about the Wild Fox Project (Google Translate) sparked an extensive commentary on the genitals of the intersexed project leader Maya Posch, using words like "transvestite" and "hermaphrodite" and judging her by her "fuckability".
- Fedora 14 discussion (Google Translate): Scott James Remnant's work on Upstart got lambasted on the grounds of his sexual preference.
- A woman nominated to Debian Project Leader (DPL) discussion (Google Translate): dirty talking about the appearance of women involved in Debian such as Margarita Manterola (nominee), Erinn Clark and Hanna Wallach